[Evergreen-reports] Ideas for the Future of the Reports Interest Group

Cristina Hernandez Trotter chtrotter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 13:25:23 EDT 2014

Hi, Jessica,

It's great to hear from you. Just this weekend I was missing RIG and
wondering what I missed at this year's conference.

1) & 3) I can  definitely see going to quarterly meetings in IRC,
especially if we also have some supplemental meetings in Google Hangouts.

2) The idea of having each meeting focus on a central topic is a great
idea!   I agree that there has been a lot of repetition in our IRC
discussions. It would be great to loosen the grip that a standard agenda
can have (e.g."old business" then "new business").  How old does old
business have to be before it is removed from the agenda, right?

Nevertheless, we should retain some loose structure for the meetings, such
as  introductions followed by the main discussion topic, followed by a few
minutes for attendees to make announcements or suggest new ideas for future
meetings or activities.

4) It would be great to see how different systems are extracting data from
Evergreen. However, since we have both system administrators and end-users
participating in these meetings, I would recommend that we try to focus on
the staff client at least every other meeting.

I look forward to reading the comments you are compiling from the
conference.

Thanks for everything, Jessica!
jventuro++

Happy Spring!
Cristina

--

Cristina Hernandez Trotter

Head of Reference Dept. and Heritage Center

Oconee Regional Library System

801 Bellevue Ave.

Dublin, GA 31021

478-272-5710 (phone)