[Evergreen-reports] Determining when item changes from acquisitions to active

Marguerite Grant margueritegrant at rodgerslibrary.org
Wed Aug 29 11:54:40 EDT 2018

Good Morning,

We gather monthly statistics on cataloging and when items were added to the catalog and we are having some problems determining accurate figures.

We use the Acquisitions module so when an item is added it has the ACQ number.  When we do the actual cataloging, we assign the item a numeric barcode.  We then count the item as added to the catalog.  We have been having trouble capturing the point when the book is catalogued because we run the reports once a month and it's picking the wrong information.

I tried running a report using the last edit date on the item, but that picks up the change of when it's received but still an ACQ.  I then tried switching to the last edit and a numeric barcode, but that was including all the books that had been checked out during the month.

I'm hoping someone has some insights about how to make this report work.  It will save us a lot of time and effort if we can automate it.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give us.

Marguerite Grant
---
Rodgers Memorial Library
Hudson, NH