[Evergreen-web-team] nice example of a project website - Greenstone notes

Jim Craner jim at chicagotech.org
Sat Jun 18 19:43:01 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I have a couple of comments on the Greenstone project site; thanks for bringing that to our attention, Lori!

* Their blog is *really* developer-focused; I think it would be awesome to have more "news" stuff from the
developer trenches but the developers are usually really busy developing so that's understandable.

* Their site is an example of what I mentioned earlier this week: open source projects that just use the
"wiki" part of their site as THE documentation.  Greenstone's Wiki has a section for "manuals" as well as
one for "tutorials" and one just for "documentation" which seems to be their "miscellaneous" dumping
ground for stuff that doesn't belong in a formal manual or tutorial.

* Could you elaborate on "the way they organize their information" comment?  As in, you like their layout
or their actual information architecture?

Thanks,
Jim