[Evergreen-web-team] copyright statement

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Tue Jun 21 16:25:03 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I attended the EG Oversight Board mtg this morning and we talked about
things like footers and attribution statements that should be used now that
we are officially a member of the Software Freedom Conservancy.

What I think we should do is propose some guidelines for language people
should use on the evergreen-ils website pages as well as in the OPAC or
wherever else Evergreen is running and info about Evergreen licensing can be
included.

An appropriate variation for Evergreen might look like this:

© 2008-2011 GPLS <http://www.georgialibraries.org/> and others | Partially
funded by the Library Services & Technology Act through the Institute of
Museum and Library Services.

© 2011 SFC/Evergreen.  The Evergreen project is a member the Software
Freedom Conservancy.  All content on the Evergreen project  website is
available under the Creative Commons Attribution - Share Alike 3.0
License<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/>.
 Evergreen is open-source software, licensed under the GNU General Public
License (GPL), version 2 <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html>.

I suggest this is a discussion starter.  I've invited Dan Scott in on this
thread too.  Comments?

Lori

Lori Bowen Ayre // Library Technology Consultant
The Galecia Group // www.galecia.com
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com

<Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID,
filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling