[Evergreen-web-team] Participation Guidelines for Evergreen Communication Channels -- draft

Rayner, June raynerj at einetwork.net
Fri Nov 4 16:01:54 EDT 2011

Hi folks

Here's a draft for discussion.    Does this capture what we're trying to do?     I was trying to keep it reflecting the norms, and not a "how to" or a duplicate of what already on the Evergreen web site.

Regards,

June
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Participation Guidelines for Evergreen Communication Channels.

*         Ask questions of general interest to the community  or to a specific  group on one of the Evergreen mailing lists<http://www.evergreen-ils.org/listserv.php>.      If your question is more specific, like "I'm installing this and I have a particular error message,"  try asking your question on the IRC channel<http://www.evergreen-ils.org/irc.php>.

*         The IRC channel<http://www.evergreen-ils.org/irc.php> is also used for community meetings.    If there's a meeting in progress, please refrain from comments unrelated to the meeting topic at hand until the meeting is over.

*         Add events of general interest to the community on the Evergreen calendar<http://www.evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=calendar:start>, especially any meetings that are going to use the IRC channel.

*         Use the general mailing list<http://www.evergreen-ils.org/listserv.php> to announce events of general interest to the community or to the group that subscribes to the list.      If there's more of a story consider a blog posting<http://evergreen-ils.org/blog/>.   Or, you may participate in one of the Evergreen related blogs that are aggregated at Planet Evergreen<http://planet.evergreen-ils.org/>.    Or, start your own blog!

*         Use the Evergreen Launchpad<https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen> to post bugs.

*         Post information about committees and working groups meeting notes and other working documents on the Wiki<http://www.evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=faqs:evergreen_committees>

*         Use the Evergreen Wiki<http://www.evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=faqs:evergreen_committees> to post member contributed documentation of all kinds

*         Add details about a development project in progress to a Launchpad<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/evergreen> blueprint.