[Evergreen-web-team] Community IRC Meeting today

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Fri Sep 23 13:45:39 EDT 2011

Here's my part:

One of the areas of development the Web Team recognizes is the need to
gather info about about Evergreen enhancement ideas and desires into one
place so that the community can bounce ideas around and help percolate the
most popular ideas to the top and partnerships could be formed to bring
those ideas to fruition.  The concept is not to replace any of the
functionality of Launchpad but to act as more of a feeder into Launchpad.
 Once the ideas are "percolated," someone would get it into Launchpad.

Toward that end, Web Team members have been talking with Ben Hyman and Kevin
Reed of Sitka about their use of IdeaTorrent.  Ben and Kevin set up an
instance of IdeaTorrent for the EG community to play around with.  See
https://eg-ideas.sitka.bclibraries.ca/.

The Web Team will be playing around with it and then meeting with Kevin and
Ben on September 25th at 1pm EST/10am PST to discuss our experiences.  If
anyone else would like to try it out or attend the 9/25 call, please let us
know (Ben, Kevin, Amy, June, Kathy, Jenny, John Boggs, Lori, Anoop, or
anyone else I've missed who's on the Web Team).

Lori Bowen Ayre //
Library Technology Consultant / The Galecia Group
Oversight Board & Communications Committee / Evergreen
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com

<Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID,
filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling