[Evergreen-web-team] Regional User Groups

Jim Craner jim at galecia.com
Tue Mar 27 19:15:24 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

Glad to see this list is still alive :-)  And I want to echo what Steve
said about how cool it is that you're adding this sort of resource onto
the website!

I just checked and local user groups aren't on the list of groups and
roles we identified during our strategic planning talks last year.  So I
was wondering if anyone had any big picture thoughts on...

* What are the goals of a regional user group?  Benefits for members to
participate?

* How can regional user groups assist other EG libraries in their own
group or somewhere else in the world?  How can regional user groups help
the Evergreen community as a whole?

* What resources can the Comms/Web Team provide to help regional user
groups?  Their own dedicated wiki sections/namespaces?  A "So You Want
To Start A Regional EG User Group" brochure in PDF format?  A voice in
Governance discussions?  Something entirely different?

Hope you're all well!
Thanks,
Jim