[Evergreen-web-team] 2012-08-30 EG Web Team meeting notes

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Fri Oct 5 09:43:53 EDT 2012

Evergreen Web Team meeting notes

Date: 2012-08-30
Type: conference call
Next meeting: 2012-09-13 at 14:30 ET | 13:30 CT | 12:30 MT | 11:30 PT (USA)

Attendees:
* Anoop Atre <aatre at esilibrary.com>
* Lori Bowen Ayre <lori.ayre at galecia.com> (notetaker)
* Jim Craner <jim at galecia.com>
* Alexey Lazar <alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu> (notetaker)
* Benjamin Shum <bshum at biblio.org>
* Stephen Wills <swills at beyond-print.com>

Done:
* Jim: Evergreen logo and footer added to the prototype website (content)
* Jim: created an editor field on each page to identify who is responsible for what part of content. All the editors will be listed at the bottom of each page. We don't expect the editor lists to get too long, but if this approach becomes a problem, we'll deal with it then. (content management)

Topics that were discussed:
* Review past todo items, mark as done, plan next steps
* Planning for the web Team report for the community meeting on September 14, 2012.
* Time zones. Most people preferred to use US Eastern time as the default time zone for the public side of the new website, although users can choose their own preferences when they log in.
* "Group" pages in Drupal, which behave differently than normal content pages, may be useful for certain situation such as Oversight Board, DIG, task forces. We need to explore the functionality available and talk with the various groups.
* Blogs:  We need to discuss/review blogging feature with current bloggers.
* Calendars: We need to discuss Drupal calendar features/options with current calendar owners. Identify potential candidates for Drupal role of Event manager(s).
* Evergreen map and directory functionality: interest in continuing to document Evergreen libraries, but this feels like a big project and it needs someone to manage it.

New to-do items:
* Jim and Alexey to prepare the report for the September 14, 2012 community meeting.

Old to-do items:
* Alexey: start working on Web Team content (content migration)
* Jim: will look at options for adding a left-menu
* Alexey: send out a call for anyone interested to get involved in prototyping of blog, calendar and maps/directory functionality

On the radar (these topics were mentioned):
* Review current official and unofficial pages for content migration needs
* Future conference website (2014)

--

Alexey Lazar
PALS