[Evergreen-web-team] draft for irc report

Jim Craner jim at galecia.com
Thu Sep 13 15:00:48 EDT 2012

For the past two years, members of the Evergreen Community Web Team have
been working on planning for the future of the Evergreen website.  We've
conducted community surveys, analyzed the existing website's usage
statistics, consulted with key community groups such as developers and
oversight board members, and issued repeated requests for feedback,
comments, and volunteer assistance.
---
You can learn more about the work that we've done, as well as see the
results of our surveys and documentation efforts, at the Evergreen Web
Team page:

http://www.evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=webteam
---
Most recently, we've been working on a prototype website, located at
http://drupal.evergreen-ils.com, which we'll use as a foundation for
building the future Evergreen website.  This prototype is based on the
very popular Drupal content management system, chosen because of its
broad feature set, widespread support, and existing Drupal skill set in
the Web Team.
---
Right now, we're building a website that will help community members
find the information they need easily.  On the back end, we're building
a system that will allow as many community members as possible to become
active contributors and easily keep Evergreen info up-to-date.  We're
also exploring systems that will allow community members to communicate
and collaborate with each other via the website.
---
And we need your help!  We're working on making the first phase of our
new website live this winter and the website is fairly large.  If you'd
like to help us work on building a great new website for this community,
just join the Evergreen Web Team mailing list here and introduce yourself:

---
Questions?  Thoughts?  Concerns?