[Evergreen-web-team] Content Census

Stephen Wills swills at beyond-print.com
Wed Jan 9 06:52:55 EST 2013

Hi Webby Folk,

So, here it is, a month later and because we have a board meeting
today, I am dragging my lazy bones through the web team/communications
group mail list looking for something productive to say.

I can't find my copy of Alexey's spreadsheet so I dropped back to
the .git repository.  I propose another strategy for the coming month:

Why don't I study the .php in the current repository and see if I can
write a quick extraction tool that will parse the checked in PHP and
produce raw Drupal nodes in XML format that we can batch load into the
demo?  We use similar techniques to move content around the
Computerworld and sister sites here all the time.  Using this
technique will eliminate the initial need  for developing more content
target lists and whipping up the volunteers to cut and paste that
content onto the site.

Once that is done, hopefully by next month, we can take another look
at the site and see what is still skin and bone and put out a call for
help in specific content sections.

If I can accomplish this Goal, we will still have two months in which
to pull together a presentation for the conference.

What does the team think of this idea?

Steve Wills
Sr. Web Developer
IDG, Council.Cio.Com