[Evergreen-web-team] Downloads page mockups

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Tue Oct 15 09:31:14 EDT 2013

I like the re-org a lot.

Splitting the content up: unless the demo servers grow a lot I don't know
if we gain much by splitting those off.  We've had times when we had a lot
of demo servers but inevitably they've faded into the background.  If we
can reliably keep just a few up I'd rather keep their information with the
downloads rather than have people click around more.

Splitting the server and staff client downloads off ... it's more
attractive and something tells me folks will like that.  If we could make
each portals for those communities I'll probably gravitate in that
direction as well and it seems like that's the road you're going down here.
 Was that your thought Grace?

Personally, I'm also a fan of linking staff clients in a series with the
current one, I often hear from folks who have trouble finding the slightly
older staff clients (e.g. 2.4.2 is the current release but they need the
2.4.1) and maybe some instructions for identifying which staff client they
need.  I know that sounds silly to some but by the time you're supporting
part time IT contractors in rural regions of your consortium... Whether or
not we did those particular things they are the kind of thing I can see us
fleshing out with more space.

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 8:58 AM, Grace Dunbar <gdunbar at esilibrary.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> I used the mockup software that we have here at Equinox for the mockups I
> did for the download page (attached).  The first mockup is a re-org of what
> we have now.  I spent a lot of time adding notes and trying to figure out
> how to make the page less busy.  I also had a hard time figuring out who
> our audience was on that page.  Is it librarians or developers/admins?  It
> was really both and I think that leads to page confusion.  The next 3
> mockups are my proposal for reorganizing the downloads page by splitting
> things up.
>
> Feedback is appreciated.
> Cheers!
> Grace
>
> --
> Grace Dunbar, Vice President
> Equinox Software, Inc.  -  The Open Source Experts
> gdunbar at esilibrary.com
> 1-877-OPEN-ILS    www.esilibrary.com

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,
York County Library System

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me."
-- C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>