[Evergreen-web-team] Downloads page mockups

Grace Dunbar gdunbar at esilibrary.com
Tue Oct 15 16:01:46 EDT 2013

I think if we're making the software download page more clearly a developer
thing and not  muddying it up where a librarian might get lost in it we can
easily add OpenSRF and anything else that makes sense.  I'm happy to do
more thorough mockups based on this direction.  Or I can work on the site
directly.

Grace

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Galen Charlton <gmc at esilibrary.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Ben Shum <bshum at biblio.org> wrote:
>
>> I love the mockup for reorganizing the downloads page contents as
>> well.  I think the only thing I'd be wary of is that we need to find
>> some better way of explaining OpenSRF and getting folks to download
>> and install that first beyond just having it as a step in the README
>> for installation.  Otherwise, the buttons with current/past/testing
>> releases looks much cleaner to my eyes.  And splitting the staff
>> clients off from the server code seems logical too.
>>

> Agreed.  Either the OpenSRF instructions should be on the same pages as
> the OpenSRF download links and/or the Evergreen installation instructions
> should either include or actually link to the OpenSRF instructions.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gaeln
> --
> Galen Charlton
> Manager of Implementation
> Equinox Software, Inc. / The Open Source Experts
> email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
> direct: +1 770-709-5581
> cell:   +1 404-984-4366
> skype:  gmcharlt
> web:    http://www.esilibrary.com/
> Supporting Koha and Evergreen: http://koha-community.org &
> http://evergreen-ils.org

Grace Dunbar, Vice President
Equinox Software, Inc.  -  The Open Source Experts
gdunbar at esilibrary.com
1-877-OPEN-ILS    www.esilibrary.com