[Evergreen-web-team] Getting previous conference materials on to the community web site

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Jun 17 16:13:27 EDT 2014

Hi all,

As you know, the 2014 Conference Planning Committee put conference pages
on the community web site instead of creating its own web site. When I
first raised this idea at a web team meeting, a couple of people
mentioned that they would also like to see previous conference web
sites. Many web sites from previous conferences have bee taken down over
time, and the community ultimately loses access to handouts and other
conference information when that happens. I had envisioned eventually
linking to the content from previous conferences here -
http://evergreen-ils.org/conference/.

At this time, there are two web sites from previous conference that are
still online: the 2011 conference
http://pines.georgialibraries.org/evergreen2011/ and the 2013
conference  http://eg2013.sitka.bclibraries.ca/. Although the 2012 web
site has already been taken down, there was considerable discussion in
IRC at the time about retrieving the content from the site -
http://irc.evergreen-ils.org/evergreen/2013-08-26#i_24426. If I'm
reading the discussion right, it looks like Dan Scott was able to
successfully mirror the site.

Now that I am done with conference planning, I would like to work
towards moving previous conference materials to the community web site.
I have a few questions:

- Do we want to move conference handouts to the web site or are we
looking to mirror the previous conference web sites?
- If it's the latter, how do we go about doing this?

Thanks for your thoughts on this!

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier