[Evergreen-web-team] Next meeting: 21 May 2014

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed May 21 14:29:54 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Jason Etheridge <jason at esilibrary.com> wrote:
> I've poked at bit more at the FAQ rewrite.  Current work can be found here:
> http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=phasefx:faq
>
> Main goal is to be more concise, pertinent, and less sprawling.  But
> there's a lot of my opinion in there. :-)
>
> Looking okay?

Looks good.  The one spot in the current draft where I envision some
mental gear-grinding is the paragraph about organizational units.
While the notion of an OU hierarchy makes perfect sense to me, of
course, that paragraph seems to be decidedly in programmer-ese, not
librarian-ese.

Perhaps it might be better recast in terms of the benefits one gets in
terms of accommodating policy differences among a group of libraries?
Or in terms of ease of managing both general and specific policies?

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton