[OPEN-ILS-DEV] install script

Bill Erickson billserickson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 00:20:56 EST 2006

I bundled together the the Debian dependencies and custom builds we use to
image our production servers.

A tarball can found here :
http://open-ils.org/~erickson/EG_install-20061217.tar.gz
<http://open-ils.org/%7Eerickson/EG_install-20061217.tar.gz>

There is a top-level makefile which installs everything for you.  Just do
"make debian".

Caveats:
 - this does not include any config file modifications.   It only installs
dependencies.
 - libdbi components are installed in /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/lib/dbd,
which will probably need to be added to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
 - the tarball is tested on an x86_64 machine, though other architectures
should work OK in theory.
 - I would suggest glancing at the makefile before running, since this
installs a lot of packages.

I hope this is helpful.  Comments/thoughts/etc. welcome.  If we decide this
is a good approach, we can move the files somewhere more central on the
open-ils.org site and add links to the download pages, etc.

-bill

--
Bill Erickson
PINES Systems Developer