[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Getting there -- bootstrapping OpenSRF Client problem

Nathan Eady eady at galion.lib.oh.us
Mon Dec 18 15:50:12 EST 2006

>>Exactly ... I didn't realize this was non-obvious, but then I'm used
>>to the Postgresql and Linux communities, where this is the norm.

> Right ... whereas I'm used to smaller OSS communities like Koha where
> there are only a few core developers and we hand out commit privs to
> anyone who asks ;-).

This does vary considerably from project to project.

On the one end of the scale you have RMS, who wants contributers to
sign copyright-assignment paperwork before they can commit, and on
the other end you have A. Tang, who routinely hands out commit bits
to strangers who haven't even asked for them, e.g. if they write a
bug report.

So it would probably be beneficial to have a clear statement in
a visible location about how the process works, so that people
know where things stand.