[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Notification system design

Josh Stompro stomproj at larl.org
Thu Dec 21 15:00:58 EST 2006

Are there any design docs or wish list on how Evergreen handles various
types of notices and delivery methods, and how they will work together?
If not could I start one?  I am incredibly frustrated with the
notification systems of the other ILS's I have worked with and would
like to help design the "Notification Of Triggers Customer Resource
Announcement Process - Evergreen" system, or NOTCRAP-E system for
short.  The name could probably use some work though.
    I know where the email notification files are at now, and I see that
automated phone notification is on the feature list for a future
release, is there anything about how it all is going to be tied
together, or about what events trigger notices, and about other forms of
notification (SMS, IM, Telegraph, Smoke Signals, Exchange Calendar
Events, etc).
Josh