[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Getting there -- bootstrapping OpenSRF Client problem

Edward Summers ehs at pobox.com
Thu Dec 28 06:42:56 EST 2006

On Dec 16, 2006, at 10:28 AM, Mike Rylander wrote:
> Just so everyone knows, you MUST still follow the instructions on the
> wiki, preferably derived from the Debian, Ubuntu or Gentoo docs, for
> installing Perl dependencies, especially for the MARC::* related
> modules and Javascript::Spidermonkey.  These bundles will not include
> the correct versions of the MARC modules, as their maintainers have
> not released updated versions, and it can not automate the
> installation of JS::SM without a good bit of work, because E4X support
> is required in Evergreen.

Mike, is there any value in considering forking MARC::Record at this
point?

I've just written an email to Mike O'Regan who currently holds the
reins on MARC::Record at CPAN to see if he has any interest in
keeping it maintained. If not I know brian d foy (CPAN admin) has
suggested that he could reassign privileges to a new maintainer. If a
fork is out of the question would you guys be interested in
maintaining the module?

//Ed