[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Trying out staff client with new install (long)

Bill Erickson billserickson at gmail.com
Wed May 24 16:23:16 EDT 2006

It is with this challenge the warrior will prove himself...

Correct.  We no longer provide a patched version of MARC::* within our CVS
tree.  Instead we are using MARC::Record, MARC::Charset, and MARC::File::XML
directly from sourceforge cvs, because some changes have not made it CPAN.

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/marcpm login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/marcpm co -P
marc-xml
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/marcpm co -P
marc-charset
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/marcpm co -P
marc-record

The password is either 'anoncvs' or 'anonymous'.

Build and install these 3 modules to get the latest MARC code.  Hopefully
the latest versions will be in CVS soon so this chore won't be necessary...

The final challenge will be to install the patched version of
JavaScript::SpiderMonkey.  I'm not up to explaining that one at the moment,
but it will be required to load MARC data and use the OPAC.

-bill

--
Bill Erickson
PINES Systems Developer