[OPEN-ILS-DEV] FW: Evergreen website problems.

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 14:16:53 EDT 2006

On 9/15/06, Angie Barnes <abarnes at romelibrary.org> wrote:

> I just talked to one of our patrons and she reported some problems she was
> having from home on the web-site.  She also noted that she did not have
> these problems when she was using the OPAC's at the library.

Do we have any more information about her browser, what day and time
she encountered errors, etc?

> She asked if patrons would renew all of their books at one time or a
> selection of books at one time.  Currently it is only letting them renew one
> book at a time.

We can look at putting this on the to-do, but it's low priority at the moment.

> When searching an author with a long list of books (ex. Sue Grafton or Dick
> Francis), it searches so long that an error message pops up.

I couldn't replicate this.  Can we find out what the error message was?

> When searching an author list under Advanced Search, she was not able to
> sort by Publication Date in descending order.

There is a sort order option below the the sort type.  Setting this to
"Descending / Z to A" should do what she wants.

> Also our director wanted me to ask if we could have a "Next Page" button at
> the bottom of a search page.  Instead of having to go all the way back up to
> the top of the page to select "next page".

This is currently on the to-do list.

> Thanks,

Thank you!

mrylander at gmail.com