[OPEN-ILS-DEV] system design diagrams

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 21:04:28 EDT 2007

On 4/10/07, Grace Liu <gyliu86 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >  *
> http://open-ils.org/documentation/OpenSRF_Server_Architecture.jpg
>
> This diagram seems not correctly generated - some blocks are empty.

This is quite on purpose if I understand what Bill was going for.  The
empty blocks are to show redundant components at each level of detail,
from cluster ("bricks") to server grouping to individual servers.

> > 2)  We've put up a generated ERD here
> >
> >  *
> http://open-ils.org/documentation/evergreen_1.1.3_erd.html
>
> No entity relationships are displayed.

Sure they are, where they exist.  Due to the use of some Postgresql
features, such as table inheritance, some tables are not directly
linked to others.  Click on the "circulation" table in the "action"
schema to see fkey links.  If you'd like a graphical version of the
ERD I have generated a PostScript file from the dot output.  It's
available here: http://open-ils.org/~miker/Evergreen-ERD/evergreen.ps

> > 3) We have some dataflow diagrams somewhere, but I can't locate them
> > presently.  This is something that we should probably start over with,
> > but time being what it is...
>
> No problem, we can wait...
> >
> > Hope that helps, and as always, we'd love contributions to any of the
> above.
>
> Thanks a lot. I would like to make contributions after digesting your
> system.
>
> Grace

Thanks Grace!

mrylander at gmail.com