[OPEN-ILS-DEV] migrating records

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 12:00:55 EDT 2007

On 4/10/07, Doug Kyle <dkyle at grpl.org> wrote:
> I'm looking for tools or tips for migrating records from our current
> ILS, III Millennium, into Evergreen.

While we don't know the specific Millennium tools (and don't want to,
really, to avoid any (real or imagined) IP issues), we do know that
you can get a dump of MARC records that includes holdings information.
 Starting from there, there are tools that can be used to import the
records (with some persistence).  I've personally imported a set of
113k bibs containing about 800k items from a Millennium dump.

mrylander at gmail.com
GPLS -- PINES Development
Database Developer
http://open-ils.org