[OPEN-ILS-DEV] non-portable code: strndup() in osrf-chat.c

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 16:07:28 EDT 2007

On 4/30/07, Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai at in-nomine.org> wrote:
> -On [20070430 21:38], Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven (asmodai at in-nomine.org) wrote:
> >[...] meaning you have to provide your own implementation anyway.
>
> I found a MIT licensed implementation of strndup(). Now all I need is an
> accompanying strnlen() to make it without too much additional hackery.

Just to keep the list up to date, we're working through this in IRC.
The plan is looking like some autotools magic to detect strndup (and
strnlen) and if not found to include a local implementation.  Those
will probably be inserted via a ports.[ch] set that will be included
by utils.h (that's used basically everywhere).

The plan may change ... that is all  :)

Thanks, Jeroen!

--miker