[OPEN-ILS-DEV] PATCH: Update application.ini for staff client

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 20:05:29 EDT 2007

The following patch to the staff client application.ini file has the
following effects:

1) Changes the Vendor value from "PINES" to "OpenILS" to reflect the
site-generic nature of the staff client. The most visible effect of
this change is that the staff client preferences will be stored in
$HOME/.openils rather than $HOME/.pines.

2) Updates the Version field from "0.1.0" to something roughly
approaching the current version ("1.2.0"). I realize that this gets
overwritten in the /build/ version of the staff client, but we might
as well use a value for the versionless staff client that has some
sort of meaning.

3) Updates the BuildID timestamp to have a more recent timestamp.
Again, this is overwritten when the /build/ version of the staff
client is created, but for the versionless staff client we might as
well keep this roughly up to date. An alternative approach might be to
use 'svn propset svn:keywords: "Date" application.ini' with the
$Date::   $: fixed-width field to update the value every time a new
version of application.ini is committed to Subversion.
(http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.props.special.keywords.html)

4) Updates the copyright statement to cover 2005-2007.

5) Changes the ID value to "staff-client at open-ils.org" as the email
format is now the preferred approach for setting application IDs in
XULRunner applications
(http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XUL_Application_Packaging).

--
Dan Scott