[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ofbiz users and permissions, part 2

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Thu Aug 9 16:15:31 EDT 2007

Another thought occurred to me while writing that last email.  What if we
created a database view (layer, "transparency", subclass table, whatever)
which linked-to or subclassed the existing Evergreen actor.usr table and
contained all of the additional fields needed by the OFBiz Person objects?
We could then (I believe) point the Person entity definition at this new
view/table.   That would keep them in sync automatically without requiring a
wholesale replacement of the Person/Party infrastructure.

I don't know if OFBiz supports entity-specific storage mechanisms, but I'm
pretty sure it at least supports using multiple DBs.  I also don't know how
OFBiz would respond to having 1.6M users in its DB.  In its defense, though,
it never attempts to list all of the users unless you do an open-ended user
search.

Just a thought...

-bill

--