[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ofbiz update, questions

Ed Summers ehs at pobox.com
Mon Aug 20 08:49:37 EDT 2007

Nice work Bill! I think changing all the controller.xml for each of
the Woodchip apps is the correct thing to do in this case. It sounds
like you're really getting familiar with the framework. Hopefully I'll
begin to get some traction as I just received in the  dvds in the
post--thanks for that too.

Perhaps now isn't the best time to be bringing this up, or maybe it
is. I've always thought of woodchip as a release name more than the
name for the project itself. But if you are thinking of it as the name
for the project that's a-ok with me. If going with the former I'd
probably have:

  org.openils.acq

This way you can prepare for the day when there is org.openils.opac,
org.openils.ill, etc--that was me trying to push miker_'s buttons. But
seriously it would allow the first release of the acquisitions stuff
to be called Woodchip, and then we could move on to Fargo, Sawdust or
something...without having to change the java packages.

I guess I'm a bit confused about where framework/woodchip would
reside. Would it be
svn://svn.open-ils.org/Woodchip/trunk/framework/woodchip? I think just
getting them into revision control somewhere is a good first step, and
then as the build process gets ironed out they may get shuffled
around. I think we might want to hold off on putting all of opentaps
into svn for the moment though if we can.

I'm going to ping the opentaps user community and see how people
typically manage builds of opentaps applications...if that sounds ok.

//Ed