[OPEN-ILS-DEV] New installation

Don McMorris don.mcmorris at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 20:56:19 EDT 2007

On 8/25/07, Noel Goodman <goldenchild_gt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
> My team would like to install evergreen for the first time on a linux
> system.

Hello Noel! Good luck during the install! Don't hesitate to contact us
as you make progress.

> -What stable version of Linux is recommended for evergreen?

This is a matter of preference. The live system for GA PINES runs on
Debian Etch.  Dan Scott (you'll likely see him on the list) built his
VMWare image on Gentoo.  There have also been efforts for Fedora,
Ubuntu, and others.

> -is there a setup/installation manual available for evergreen and where can
> I find it?

The "manual" is the DokuWiki.  For the server installation, the link
you'd want to start with is
http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server_installation.

> -Other than the incomplete wiki regarding the modules of evergreen, is there
> any other user guide with complete information regarding the handling of
> those modules? A link would be appreciated.

Not at the moment.  The module documentation has, I think, been one of
the lower priorities.

> -Is there any other software necessary to run evergreen and what are the
> versions.

The prerequisites are listed in the dokuwiki install instructions.
The generic list is at
http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=prerequisites.
Basically, you will need Apache, a jabber server (ejabberd is most
common), PostgreSQL, memcached, Yaz2, libxml, and some smaller things.

> Thanks.

You're welcome! See you in the future.

> Noel

--Don