[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Christmas vacation and EG add-ons

Bill Ott bott at grpl.org
Fri Dec 21 12:26:01 EST 2007

What I'm doing on my Christmas vacation (aka - vacations, work with
few(er) interruptions).

As I prepare to leave the office for the next week and a half, I'm oddly
enough planning to work on toys for Evergreen.  Before I get too deep
into reinventing wheels, I thought I'd ask who might be already working
with either of the following:

LibraryFind (libraryfind.org).
  Our first venture down Ruby on Rails (I'll leave out the discussion of
where chic new languages come from) and it looks like it might be an
easy add-on to Evergreen -- with OpenSearch all ready to go.  Add in a
tag cloud and it begins to look an awfully lot like some other product
for tens of thousands more...

A telephone notification system for holds/overdues.  I see a lot of
different add-ons and options for Asterisk, which seems like an obvious
choice, so I've got my old Asterisk box dusted off and ready to go.  Has
anyone else started barking up this tree?