[OPEN-ILS-DEV] no directory: /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8/Bundle/

Bill Erickson billserickson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 12:33:26 EST 2007

On 2/7/07, Grace Liu <gyliu86 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Bill. I have one more question:
>
> On the Editing config files - bootstrap.conf, it's said: Point
> settings_config to the openils.xml file. But I could only find opensrf.xmlin the file
> bootstrap.conf. Which one is correct? What's the difference between the
> two files?

Good question:

The system uses two primary configuration files:  the bootstrap file and the
application configuration file.

In bootstrap.conf,  "settings_config" should point to your application
configuration file.  The installed example (bootstrap.conf.example) points
to "opensrf.xml" by default.  This is because OpenSRF assumes you will call
your application config "opensr.xml".   The ILS, however, calls it's
application configuration file "openils.xml".  Why?  No reason in
particular.

As long as you have openils.xml and bootstrap.conf points to that, you don't
need opensrf.xml.

Hope this helps.

-bill

Thank you.