[OPEN-ILS-DEV] libjs

Bill Erickson billserickson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 09:13:32 EST 2007

[snip]

On 2/13/07, Eric Lesage <lesagee at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> I've released my updated tree (20070213) with spidermonkey 1.6 and
> MARC::Record 2.0.0 and (lo and behold) a new dependency on django (which I
> didn't expect until 1.2, but hey, I'm not complaining). There's also a
> newer Unicode::Normalize.

For what it's worth, Django is not a requirement for installation.  We're
testing an alternate admin interface developed with Django, which, while
easy on the eyes, requires a new pile of dependencies (django, mod_python,
new DB tables, etc.), so we're taking it slow with that.

[snip]

Now, on to something else... someone a while ago had shown interest in
> doing some work to transition to Autoconf[1]. Is that still the plan?
> Currently the only option in my ebuild is to install (or not) the staff
> client. The rest of the system is installed as a big monolithic hunk,
> which it should not be.

> [1]
> http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-dev/2006-December/000161.html

That's the plan.  How it's going to happen and by whom, I don't know.

--
Bill Erickson
PINES Systems Developer
billserickson at gmail.com