SPAM: Re: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Debian version/GCC version

Bill Erickson billserickson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 18:34:09 EST 2007

On 2/19/07, Bill Erickson <billserickson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/19/07, Grace Liu <gyliu86 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Bill,
> >
> > I think the different CPUs between us might cause this difference. Mine
> > is 32 bit and yours are 64 bit. For my machine, an integer is 32 bit, thus
> > for 64 bit data type, I should clearly let compiler know, so it is off64_t.
> > But your machine, an integer is 64bit, the off_t is already 64bit and no
> > need to define the __USE_LARGEFILE64. I think maybe it is the reason why we
> > have difference. But this error message is annoying although I made it
> > disappear as I changed the apr file, not use configuration settings, and
> > hope this does not cause other problem.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Grace
> >

> Ahhh.. For some reason, I thought you were also using a 64 bit machine.
> I'm not sure why, though. :)  I'll be installing Evergreen on a 32bit
> (laptop, no less) this week so I'll get a chance to test this.  If nothing
> else, we can just add __USE_LARGEFILE64 to the makefile.

The guys here [1] suggest using pkg-config to find the apr build flags.  E.g
.:

% pkg-config --cflags apr-1

-DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
-I/usr/include/apr-1.0

We could just add pkg-config as a dependency and add the `pkg-config
--cflags apr-1` to the makefile when necessary.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-apache@lists.debian.org/msg07847.html

--
Bill Erickson
PINES Systems Developer