[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Gentoo/portage tree for evergreen

Eric Lesage lesagee at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Jan 3 18:04:15 EST 2007

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Bill Erickson wrote:

> On 1/2/07, Eric Lesage <lesagee at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> - The libdbi that will wind up being used is the version that happens to
>> be stable on your platform according to the official tree. Unfortunately,
>> I've encountered too many problems at this time to include a custom
>> version.
>

> Hmm.  Does the custom version of libdbi install OK if it's installed after
> the ebuild runs?

I'm not sure how to answer your question: to recap, I've fetched a CVS
snapshot of libdbi and it presented the problems on the wiki (i.e. LaTeX
problems), but it also didn't compile (being on x86_64 probably didn't
help). It's probably not too difficult to fix, but I didn't get around to
it.

Now, if your question is what would happen if a correctly patched up
version of libdbi were installed after installing the evergreen ebuild,
then I would expect evergreen to use the newly installed version, as long
as the soname of the libdbi library remained the same (just like for a
manual install).

What improvements yet unreleased are important for evergreen?

Regards,

--
Eric Lesage