[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Perl module goodness

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 09:32:54 EST 2007

Getting moving on the MARC::Record module got my blood pumping, so I
finally got around to updating the MARC::File::XML CVS with my UNIMARC
and UNIMARCAUTH changes.  These amount to correcting the UNIMARC
detection and looking in the right place for encoding info for both
UNIMARC and UNIMARC-AUTH records.  IIRC, Paul has tested these changes
and they seem to work, and I've just been really slack (because
there's nothing else going on around here ... ;-) ) about getting the
changes into CVS.

Josh Ferraro is (I believe) the current CPAN pusher-outer for M::F::X,
so we may all need to ask nicely and promise our first borns to him in
order get those out... Or, more likely, he'll probably just do it.  :)

Josh, I imagine this should be 0.84, and the Changes file entry would
go something like:

* Fixed UNIMARC encoding detection logic (miker)
* Added UNIMARC Authority support (miker)

mrylander at gmail.com
GPLS -- PINES Development
Database Developer
http://open-ils.org