[OPEN-ILS-DEV] PATCH: Move JSON Perl module into OpenSRF::Utils::JSON package

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 15:24:37 EDT 2007

Hi:

I noticed back when I was first installing OpenSRF that it includes a
module, JSON.pm, that exists at the root level of the package
directories. This would be fine, except it conflicts with a CPAN
module that is also named JSON, which confuses the CPAN installer when
you check for upgrades and conceivably could lead to a broken system.

I suggested to Mike that it would probably make sense to move the
OpenSRF version of the module into the OpenSRF/Utils/ package
namespace, and he agreed. Of course, there are ramifications
throughout the code, so I've tried to be extra-careful in catching and
correcting all of the places where the use of this module surfaces in
both OpenSRF and Evergreen.

Please find attached two patches, one for OpenSRF, one for Evergreen.
Also note that after applying the patches you will have to 'svn mv
OpenSRF/trunk/src/perlmods/JSON.pm
OpenSRF/trunk/src/perlmods/OpenSRF/Utils/.' to make the thing actually
work :)

I have tested this on a clean system and it seems to work well. No
config changes required.

Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1

By making a contribution to this project, I certify that:
(a) The contribution was created in whole or in part by me and I have
the right to submit it under the open source license indicated in the
file; or
(b) The contribution is based upon previous work that, to the best of
my knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source license and
I have the right under that license to submit that work with
modifications, whether created in whole or in part by me, under the
same open source license (unless I am permitted to submit under a
different license), as indicated in the file; or
(c) The contribution was provided directly to me by some other person
who certified (a), (b) or (c) and I have not modified it; and
(d) In the case of each of (a), (b), or (c), I understand and agree
that this project and the contribution are public and that a record of
the contribution (including all personal information I submit with it,
including my sign-off) is maintained indefinitely and may be
redistributed consistent with this project or the open source license
indicated in the file.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University