[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re: Puzzling problem: cannot open

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 17:24:59 EDT 2007

On 01/07/07, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> I'm not 100% sure, but I _hope_ that mode "a" is non-blocking. Or
> perhaps we're going to have to look at using an equivalent open() call
> in log.c as well? If I wasn't so damned lazy I would just write a
> simple test C app and Perl app and test that hypothesis out on my own
> system.

Okay, so I decided not to be lazy and created a test C app & Perl app
that cut the relevant lines out of their sources in OpenSRF and
wrapped them in a minimal shell (with the C app just looping around a
usleep(10000); fwrite(...); block to prove that it was successfully
writing & holding the file pointer open).

There was absolutely no problem having them both writing to the same
file at the same time. So... hmm. Any ideas from here?

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University