[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re: Puzzling problem: cannot open

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 21:08:28 EDT 2007

On 02/07/07, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/1/07, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 01/07/07, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip_whining_about_log_problems>

> My gut tells me that we're overlooking something, and I can't find any
> confirmation that mode "a" == O_NONBLOCK.  I've created a patch to use
> open/growing_buffer/write instead of fopen/fprintf for the logging
> output.  It adds some overhead because of the growing_buffer
> management, but working beats not ... :)
>
> It compiles, but it's untested.  But since you can cause the problem
> on demand it should be simple(r than me) for you to test.

Hi Mike:

Many thanks for the effort, but I didn't end up testing your patch,
because in the mean time Bill committed a fix to Logger.pm for some
behaviour related to the bootstrap.conf => opensrf_core.xml changes
that I clearly didn't understand. It seems that this patch resolved my
problems.

On the other problem I reported about open-ils.actor_unix.log
containing some nasty error messages, it turns out that the problem
was that in /etc/apache2/startup.pl I was pointing to
/openils/conf/opensrf_core.conf instead of
/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml for the config files. Argh. Once I made
that change (prompted by reading the error messages reported in
Apache's own error log), everything is working very smoothly again.

Phew.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University