[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen Perl module package declarations

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 09:21:54 EDT 2007

On 7/4/07, Peter Newman <Peter.Newman at cdu.edu.au> wrote:

> I've been looking at building a trial evergreen rpm this week using the
> 1.0.6.3 release...

Very cool.  We'd love to be involved, of course, to help sort out any
issues (there seem to be at least a couple).

> RPM does some automatic checking of perl dependencies and has found some
> missing or incorrect perl module package declarations for these files:
>
> Open-ILS/src/perlmods/OpenILS/Application/Storage/Driver/Pg/cdbi.pm
> Open-ILS/src/perlmods/OpenILS/Application/Storage/Driver/Pg/dbi.pm
> Open-ILS/src/perlmods/OpenILS/Application/Storage/Driver/Pg/fts.pm
> Open-ILS/src/perlmods/OpenILS/Application/Storage/Driver/Pg/storage.pm
> Open-ILS/src/perlmods/OpenILS/Utils/Fieldmapper.pm
> Open-ILS/src/perlmods/OpenILS/WWW/Reporter/transforms.pm
> OpenSRF/src/perlmods/OpenSRF/DomainObject/oilsPrimitive.pm
>
> Probably should look like this:
>   package OpenILS::Application::Storage::Driver::Pg::cdbi;
>   package Class::DBI;
>   package OpenILS::Application::Storage::Driver::Pg::dbi;
>   package OpenILS::Application::Storage::Driver::Pg::fts;
>   package
> OpenILS::Application::Storage::Driver::Pg::storage;
>   package OpenILS::Utils::Fieldmapper;
>   package OpenILS::WWW::Reporter::transforms;
>   package OpenSRF::DomainObject::oilsPrimitive;
>
> These changes shouldn't break or change how these modules work under
> Ubuntu...

The files reported missing aren't missing, but instead dead code.  The
modules that reference them should go away; they will not be coming
back.

As for the modules reported to have an incorrect name, changing the
module name declared in the package statement will absolutely and
completely break and change how the modules work, and it will do so
under /all/ distributions, certainly not just Ubuntu.

Are you sure you understand what is going on in those files?  Thank
you, though, for your interest.

-miker

> Cheers
> Pete