[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Data load challenges

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:32:24 EDT 2007

On 7/5/07, Don Hamilton <dhamilton at wlu.ca> wrote:
> Thanks Mike.
>
>  I added a couple of lines to pg-loader (to print "BEGIN" / "COMMIT"
> statements) and removed the 'ticker'. My line 86 is:
>
>         my $fields = join(',', @{ $fieldcache{$h}{fields} });
>
> Do I have a set of records that is missing subject data? I do have the
> author data in the sql file, followed by the .\. I DON'T have the copy for
> the COPY for metalib.subject_field_entry.

Hmm... I think you're right.  I will protect against that (and add a
BEGIN/COMMIT).

UPDATE: Fix (and begin/commit) committed to svn.  You can just update
to that and not worry about missing data ... alternatively, you can
just remove the -or and -a options mentioning msfe from the command
line, though there may be others missing (msefe is for series, for
instance).

> AH... writing things down helps... I just reran the original 802 records,
> starting with record id 803, and that did not fail... so I think the problem
> may be the that there are no subject fields in the oxford data... which of
> the (many) parameters to pg-loader might I remove to NOT try to load
> subjects....

Very good catch, and thanks for the analysis.

--miker