[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Data load challenges

Don Hamilton dhamilton at wlu.ca
Fri Jul 6 14:04:11 EDT 2007

Ok.

Did change the symlink. seemed easiest.

SRF rebuilt and runnig.
ILS rebuilt and running.

marc2bre compiles and runs clean.

direct_ingest has to be sudo'd cuz it can't log

pg_loader has to be sudo'd cuz it can't log

I have run the marc2bre | direct_ingest | pq_loader on 4 successive
ebook files, loaded the generated sql wirg postgress, added an 'ebooks
source, set the source to match that, and...

if you look at http://tamarak.wlu.ca and search for history, you can
browse our 2085 or so ebooks!

Who hoo! I think I'll take the rest of the week off!

Thanks all...

don

On 7/6/07, Don Hamilton <dhamilton at wlu.ca> wrote:
> Trying this now...
>
> I must have 'something' configured wrong. if I type 'source' at my
(bash)
> shell prompt, I get a warning from source that it needs an argument.
>
> don at tamarak:~/loader/SRF/trunk$ source
> -bash: source: filename argument required
> source: usage: source filename [arguments]
>
>  When I do the make, I get:
>
> don at tamarak:~/loader/SRF/trunk$ make
> -e
>  * Run 'make verbose' to see full make output
>
> source install.conf && make -s -C src all
> /bin/sh: source: not found
> make: *** [all] Error 127
> don at tamarak:~/loader/SRF/trunk$
>
> So, why does make use sh? and how can I change that? The ILS/trunk
make
> works, btw...

Yeah ... I don't know why make uses sh, honestly, but I ran into the
same thing.  I ended up setting the /bin/sh symlink to /bin/bash on my
box.  Not sure if you're willing to do that, but it does fix the
problem for me.

--miker