[OPEN-ILS-DEV] PATCH: srfsh.c (eliminating header)

Scott McKellar mck9 at swbell.net
Sun Jul 8 22:39:37 EDT 2007

One of the things I have been doing in my patches is to move things
out of header files and into implementation files (i.e. *.c files),
whenever those things are referenced only in the one implementation
file.  So far, Mike and Bill haven't complained much.

Tonight's patches carry this policy to its logical conclusion.  I
moved the entire contents of srfsh.h into srfsh.c.  No other file
#includes this header, nor is it likely that any ever would.
Consequently I see no reason to isolate these things in a separate
file.

Also:

1. Assuming that this patch is accepted, we have no further use for
the header file.  Accordingly I include a patch to the Makefile,
removing a dependency on the header.

2. I declared as static everything that was formerly in the header,
plus a few variables that were already defined in srfsh.c.

3. I commented out the shell_reader variable, since it is no longer
used.

4. I commented out two of the lines printed by the help command.
These lines refer to the "time" command, which srfsh no longer
supports.

5. I commented out the prototype for the handle_time function, since
the function itself is already commented out.

Scott McKellar
http://home.swbell.net/mck9/ct/