[OPEN-ILS-DEV] OPAC configurations/skins/themes, etc

Don Hamilton dhamilton at wlu.ca
Tue Jul 10 13:20:06 EDT 2007

Thank you.

I have been doing some hunting, and have found some of that code. I was
sort of hoping for a bit of a roadmap. Dan Scott  had asked once if I
was using the version with the skins (I am now) and I had hoped there
might be a 'getting started' file somewhere.

In the meantime, does the svn repository actually have a
"opac/extra/jacket/large" directory somewhere? I can't find it here,
either in my production files or in the svn source tree trunk. I wonder
if it got lost over the move from cvs?

And finally, for this missive at least... How do I replace 'Example
Consortium' in the display? I did find actor.org_unit in the database,
and with some manual sql updated it a bit.... but even after a reboot,
there was no effect...

don (puzzled in canada)

Don Hamilton said the following on 07/09/2007 01:17 PM:
> Hi all.
>
> Now that I am reasonably successfully running an ebooks database, I'd

> like to start customizing my displays, please.

http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:customizations:opac
is
> yet to be written, sigh ;{. Can anyone get me started on making
> http://tamarak.wlu.ca looking more like http://library.wlu.ca,
please?

Are you familiar with the Firefox Web Developer extension?  That's an
easy way to start determining which files contain the style information

you'd like to change.

Identify pieces by viewing style information (CTRL+SHIFT+Y), then use
the Edit CSS tool (CTRL+SHIFT+E) where you can make modifications on
the
fly and immediately see the changes, then save the files and put them
in
place.

But, you won't find all of the style information in the .css files
(unless this has changed from my 1.1.5 install).  The following makes
it
look like you'll find quite a bit in various places.  In as many as 42

different files?

$ grep -l -r style /openils/var/web/opac/skin/default/* |wc -l
42

However, if you're just looking to replace that pale green background,

use this to track it down:

$ grep -l -r E0F6E0 /openils/var/web/opac/*

Happy hunting!