[OPEN-ILS-DEV] PATCH: srfsh.c (more on shelling out)

Scott McKellar mck9 at swbell.net
Fri Jul 13 10:03:55 EDT 2007

--- Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW, I've attempted to find evidence of a platform where NULL is not
> all-0-bits and failed, though this only exposes my inability to tell
> google what I want to find.

See the C FAQ, question, 5.17:

    http://c-faq.com/null/machexamp.html

See also questions 5.16 and 7.31.

This part of the FAQ probably hasn't been updated for over fifteen
years, and the machines mentioned are no doubt museum pieces by now.
I don't know if any current machines represent NULL with non-zeros.
Any such machines are probably far out of the mainstream, and will
likely never attempt to run Evergreen.

Nevertheless I don't like making needlessly non-portable assumptions,
especially when those assumptions are neither obvious nor documented.
You may of course not wish to be as pedantic as I am.

Scott McKellar
http://home.swbell.net/mck9/ct/