[OPEN-ILS-DEV] opensrf

Don McMorris don.mcmorris at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 05:26:40 EDT 2007

On 7/13/07, Grant <fgjohnson at upei.ca> wrote:
> Is there a proper forum to ask what the f***?
> User as opposed to dev?

This list, -dev, has historically been where tech support issues are
handled... ;)

> Why is it dying and Why can't I connect to my Jabber
> server.............?
>
> Thanks
>
> Grant Johnson
>   Systems Coordinator
>   Robertson Library, University Prince Edward Island
>
> **********
>
> fgjohnson at fgjohnson-desktop:~$ sudo -u opensrf /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh
> -d /tmp/ -p /openils/conf/bootstrap.conf
> -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_all
> OpenSRF Router already started :
> /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh: line 111:  8243 File size limit exceeded(core
> dumped) opensrf_router $OPT_C_CONFIG router
> OpenSRF Perl already started : 7999
> OpenSRF C already started :
> config /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml and config context opensrf
>         (in cleanup) Dying 8255
> at /openils/lib/perl5/OpenSRF/UnixServer.pm line 21

It looks to me like the system may've already been running when you
attempted to start it this time.  I would make sure you stop_all (or
completely reboot the system), remove any stale temps, and try to
start it again.

Also, Jeroen's suggestion has merit also, and is most definitely worth
checking into.

> OpenSRF::UnixServer::DESTROY('OpenSRF::UnixServer=HASH(0x8b14cdc)')
> called at /openils/lib/perl5/OpenSRF/System.pm line 317
>         eval {...} called at /openils/lib/perl5/OpenSRF/System.pm line
> 317
>
> OpenSRF::System::launch_settings('OpenSRF::System=HASH(0x8152c28)')
> called at /openils/lib/perl5/OpenSRF/System.pm line 159
>         OpenSRF::System::bootstrap('OpenSRF::System') called at -e line
> 1
>
>   * ! EXCEPTION ! *
> TYPE: OpenSRF::EX::Jabber
> Mess: Jabber Exception
> Mess:  Could not connect to Jabber server: Invalid argument
> Loc.: 496 OpenSRF::Transport::SlimJabber::Client
> Loc.: /openils/lib/perl5/OpenSRF/Transport/SlimJabber/Client.pm
> Time: Fri Jul 13 22:32:20 2007
> osrf_settings_host_value_object: config pointer is NULL
> fgjohnson at fgjohnson-desktop:~$ opensrf
>
> ************

For "osrf_settings_host_value_object: config pointer is NULL", take a
look in the archives (hint: Google indexes the archives quite well ;]
).  This may or may not be cause (or causing) your above issue.  In
the past, this issue has been a result in configuration errors (domain
name not matching the Perl hostname lookup and/or `hostname -f`;
Jabber server not allowing enough connections; etc).

If you're comfortable with it, sending your configs/logs to the list
may be helpful.  A simple way to do this:
user$ su opensrf
opensrf$ mkdir /tmp/openils
opensrf$ cp -Rv /openils/{var/log,conf} /tmp/openils
opensrf$ cd /tmp/openils/conf
/* Take this moment to go through the conf and sanitize it of any
sensitive passwords */
opensrf$ cd /tmp
opensrf$ tar -cjf openils.tar.bz2 openils/

and send us openils.tar.bz2.