[OPEN-ILS-DEV] PATCH: srfsh.c (treatment of login_session)

Scott McKellar mck9 at swbell.net
Sun Jul 22 10:06:02 EDT 2007

This patch adds some minor functionality, and tidies up the treatment
of the login_session variable.

-----------

1. In handle_print(), I added the ability to display the value of
raw_print.  If we can display pretty_print, we should be able to
display raw_print.

2. In a couple of places we display the value of login_session.
However if we aren't logged in, we end up passing NULL to printf(),
thereby invoking undefined behavior.  Apparently glibc responds by
printing "(null)".  I contrived explicitly to print "(none)" rather
than rely on glibc.

3. Since login_session is assigned from strdup() if not NULL, I added
a free() for it in a couple of places: one at the end of main(), and
one just before the assignment from strdup().

-----------

As I worked on this patch, I noticed that there is no simple way
to log out, and then a thought occurred to me.  What happens if
we're logged in and then we log in again, possibly with a different
username and/or password?  What if the second login is unsuccessful
-- does the first login remain in effect?  Or do things just get
terribly confused?

I don't see any obvious attempt to log out from a previous login,
but I also don't know what such an attempt would look like if it
were there.

Scott McKellar