[OPEN-ILS-DEV] PATCH: srfsh.c (treatment of login_session)

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 10:11:01 EDT 2007

On 7/25/07, Bill Erickson <billserickson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's what I'm picturing  --  it's a conglomeration of the ideas presented.

[snip]

> My thinking with the init function is so the plugin can perform other tasks
> during initialization.  For the ILS, parsing the IDL is an obvious setup
> task.
>
> An additional benefit of supplying a srfsh-internal register function is so
> we can setup tab-completion of commands at registration time (at some point
> in the future).
>
> This is obviously on the side of "more work" ;)

heh ... I'll say so.  One thing this drops, though, is the command
renaming which would actually give us i18n for free.  I'm probably
missing something, but what is all that infrastructure buying us that
a simple config file controlled hash not?

If you guys want, I'll work up a quick patch to do login as I've
proposed.  I feel like I'm not explaining it well enough ... what I'm
thinking of is just much simpler than what either of you have
suggested thus far.

--miker