[OPEN-ILS-DEV] marc2bre talks to srf. why?

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 21:13:56 EDT 2007

On 6/1/07, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/1/07, Don Hamilton <dhamilton at wlu.ca> wrote:
> >

> > Why does marc2bre have to talk to openSrf? We're part way through a
> > re-install, and I want to start converting data *before* my compatriot
> > finishes reconfiguring and restarting. I especially want to do this because
> > he's gone for the weekend and I want to leave a large convert running...
> >
> > just wondering.
> >

> At a glance, it has to get the location of the IDL XML file, and
> that's served from the settings server.  When I get back I will look
> into making this a command line parameter instead, and removing the
> OpenSRF connection.
>
> Sorry I won't be able to get to that sooner...

Well, no I'm not ... :)

If you grab the version from HEAD (after CVS syncs up in a few
minutes, if it hasn't already) then you'll have a version that just
needs the path to the IDL.  It defaults to /openils/conf/fm_IDL.xml,
as that's the default installation location using the default PREFIX
during `make config`.

I tested it on the Gutenberg records and all seems well.

--miker