[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Startup errors

Rene Paquin rpaquin at wlu.ca
Wed Jun 6 09:35:28 EDT 2007

Hi Hennie,

Someone mentioned the fact that you should use the latest test version
of Release 1.1.5 and I second that motion.  I built a server with Ubuntu
7.04 and release 1.1.5 yesterday and I had it up and running within 3
hours.  When you do build it take the measure 3 times and cut once
approach as I have found in the past few months of building and
rebuilding using both Etch and Ubuntu it is very difficult to go back
and fix mistakes unless you are an experienced programmer and know linux
inside and out.  Most of the problems that i have run into were
configuration issues that are really hard to find which is why it is
important to take a slow methodical approach to building this system.

Rene