[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Install hiccups: blank webpages and a bumrouter

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Wed Jun 13 17:40:44 EDT 2007

Ed,

Sorry to hear of your problems with Ubuntu 7.04 on Virtual PC.  For what it's worth, I have had good luck with VMWare.

If you decide to keep troubleshooting 6.xx, maybe you still need to do:
sudo a2enmod cache
as well.

The disk cache module depends on the cache module.  When I do sudo a2enmod disk_cache on 7, it automatically loads 'cache' as well.  The apache version on 6.xx may not be as kind.  Also, if disk_cache was in fact not loaded (not totally sure), maybe other modules are missing too?  Here is the whole list from step 21 in the Ubuntu wiki page:
Enable the needed apache2 modules:
sudo a2enmod deflate
sudo a2enmod expires
sudo a2enmod include
sudo a2enmod rewrite
sudo a2enmod ssl
sudo a2enmod proxy
sudo a2enmod disk_cache

DW

>>> "Sperr, Edwin" <sperr at nelinet.net> 6/13/2007 4:25 PM >>>
Dan --

I rolled back to Ubuntu 6 after running into Ubuntu 7's
no-mouse-movement-under-Virtual PC bug.

Tried loading the module and got:

evergreen-admin at eg-server:/openils/bin$ sudo a2enmod disk_cache
Password:
Module disk_cache installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to
enable.
evergreen-admin at eg-server:/openils/bin$ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2
force-reload
 * Forcing reload of apache 2.0 web server...        Syntax error on
line 1 of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/disk_cache.load:
Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_disk_cache.so into server:
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_disk_cache.so: undefined symbol:
ap_cache_cacheable_hdrs_out

[fail]

Bleh. This is making me re-think the idea of starting over with 7.

Thanks!

Ed