[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Little wishes: SVN commit mailing lists

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 00:47:31 EDT 2007

Here's a little wish for the open-ils powers that be:

Would it be possible to set up one or two mailing lists to track SVN
commits? The RSS feeds from trac are nice to have, but they only
provide the commit log message, and not the actual diff, for each
changeset.

It would be nice to have two mailing lists: open-ils-svn & opensrf-svn

It should be relatively straightforward to then have the Subversion
post-commit hook for each respective sub-project to ask
commit-emailer.pl to send a message to the respective mailing list as
a plain-text diff in the message body, so that we can watch patches
fly by (and keep an eyeball for any nasty things like a hardcoded
string or path getting added to the repository).

I'll send you some of my round tuits, if it's any help! (hah)

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University