[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Staff Client authentication woes

Sperr, Edwin sperr at nelinet.net
Thu Jun 21 10:31:59 EDT 2007

Don's fateful words from before...

> may be completing, but losing the hash before .complete is run.  I
> suppose it could me a memcached issue too?

AH-HA!  It was the butler in the drawing room with the memcached process
that was listening on port 11211! Just like:

http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-dev/2007-June/001214
.html

It looks like even if you manually start memcached listening on port
10101 (as the install instructions suggest), it will shift over to port
11211 the next time the system restarts.  Is it possible to get edit
access to the wiki?  I'd gladly clean this up in the Ubuntu install
instructions (along with the localhost issue).

Thanks again for all your collective help (I'm sure this won't be the
last time I ask for it...)

Ed